Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sept. 12, 2010 - from The Cathedral of Love newsletter

Dear Outreach Friends,

Well, I am so glad to tell you that due to several people helping financially that we accomplished some really great things. Thank you so much to those of you who give to help me be the feet and hands of love and care so greatly needed among the homeless and our abandoned seniors. Believe me, they do everything they can not only to say thank you for the help. But they need out help more than ever.

We were able to install new bathtub faucets and a hot water heater for the senior I told you about in July. I still need funds to install a new air conditioning until for one of our seniors in a mobile home who has no family. Of course, this means they will be without hear in a month or so when it turns cold. To get through the heat, several of our seniors without air conditioning have slept outside and kept cool towels around their necks. It breaks my heart to see this, yet these folks never complain. They are so grateful for what they have. My pay is their hugs and their appreciation.

I desperately need a truck, van, or car as I am approaching two hundred thousand miles on my current truck, which is used mainly for this outreach, night and day, from Palm Springs to east Indio. I don't want to work a hardship on anybody at anytime. Whatever is in your heart to do, please help. I will send you a tax-deductible receipt, as always.

We were able to help with the purhcase of books for high school students and supplies ... a little over four hundred dollars was spent. One of our faithful contributors donated a lot of note books, pens, pencils, and paper. We currently have eleven children under our care, ages 8 to 16, along with their parents. Can you imagine being homeless with family?

I am facing almost four thousand dollars in utilities and insurance costs. I am praying that all who read this will "give largely that your joy will be full," as the Bible says. Please know that I appreciate everyone who contributes to this labor of love. I just could not do this without you. This is a life-saving outreach and I know God will bless you as we are faithful to do all we can in these difficult days.

Please consider a donation to our work. You can do so online via PayPal.com using the email address cathedralofloveministries@gmail.com. I will gladly email you a tax-deductible receipt. 

Walking in unconditional love changes lives, gives hope where there seems to be no hope and no way out or no place to go.

With you, I remain in His love.

Your friend,

Dr. Larry Abernathy
drlarrya@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment