Sunday, November 21, 2010

July 20, 2010 - From the Cathedral of Love Newsletter

Dear Friends,

I'd like to give you some information about our Homeless and Senior Outreach programs. We (that is you and all you contribute in any way) are doing more for the homeless families and seniors in our valley than ever before. I am so grateful to everyone, I cannot thank you enough ... I really mean it.

Just to let you know, my son Larry Jr. passed away on July 7th. We had his memorial service on July 16, on his forty-ninth birthday, in Camarillo near where he lived in Oxnard. Thank you for your cards and prayers which are much needed for his wife Charoand their three children ... the outpouring of love to all of our family has been overwhelming and is really helping us through this difficult time.

Two needs we have for our outreach - one is the ongoing costs of the utilities of our housing for the homeless. It takes several thousand dollars per month, and of course in the summer those costs go sky high. We need desperately several people to give large gifts now. The second need is for one of our seniors for a hot water heater, since she has been without hot water for three weeks now. Out funds are depleted, and giving has been very slow.  This little lady never complains, but I hope someone will help us get her a new hot water heater. We need about three hundred dollars to buy it and take out a lot of the old rusty plumbing and put in a new one. She has only a box fan as her air conditioning went out about a year ago. We bought her the fan, and and I had a window air conditioner put in her bedroom, and that just barely keeps her cool with the fan ... I am doing the best I can, but really need help.

There are other needs but I will be brief so as not to take up too much of your time. Pray with me that a number of people will give a thousands dollars or more, and everyone will do something financially.

Please consider a donation to our work. You can do so online via PayPal.com using the email address cathedralofloveministries@gmail.com. I will gladly email you a tax-deductible receipt. 

In advance I thank you and look for your replies. And I know that God will richly bless you.

Your friend,

Dr. Larry Abernathy

No comments:

Post a Comment